Saturday 30 June 2012

Hick

Although it gets the thumbs down from Rotten Tomatoes I still decided to watch the recently released film Hick starring Blake Lively. Chloe Moretz and Eddie Redmayne. Quite often I take the tomatometer as gospel but on this occasion the trailer just looked too brilliant to pass and I think the critics are very wrong , I loved it.



Sure it doesn't really go anywhere and the characters (and their back stories) are a touch unbelievable but it entertained me. Movies don't have to be believable, they definitly aren't real other wise they would be documentaries. Merely stating the obvious to reiterate I think a lot of the backlash is undeserved. Hick shows a young girl experimenting with drugs, wielding a gun and being raped by an infatuated truck driver who is only a few notches from a psychopath. Director Derick Martini has portrayed the film well catching the balance just right so that Hick is never distasteful.

Blake Lively's Character (Glenda) is strange, I'm undecided as to whether I liked Glenda however she did have this gorgeous red polka dot dress. Cue many future hours being spent scouring the internet for something similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment