Tuesday 15 November 2011

Gotta Love Friends

I love nice t-shirt despite the fact I usually wear dresses I have an inexplicable amount of t-shirts which is a shame as they rarely get worn, I need to go hunt for some jeans and rectify this.

Recently discovered Become Antique, created by Max Helyer (and friends I believe?) from the band YouMeAtSix who I rather enjoy. Other members of the band also have clothing lines. Front man Josh Franceschi
runs Down But Not Out, when it first launched I wasn't really taken by any of the designs but I love this Viva Love design. Guitarist Matt Barnes runs Cheer up Clothing with friend Edward Thomas  which I adore, launched in 2007 and has become very successful. Who wouldn't want to wear something that says "cheer up" on it? Even if I was feeling blue I'd wallow in the irony of cheer up. If you watched Dirty Sexy Things on E4 you will recognise Perou. I love photography so to me this is amazingly awesome.
Photo taken from http://www.cheerupclothing.com/
Friends Jodi and Rachel with Matt Barnes and Max Helyer in Korova after a YouMeAtSix gig, nice guys bad phone photo quality.


This is the vest top I bought from Become Antique. Been wearing it tucked into a high-waisted skirt with a sweet cardigan and some flats, must admit the weathers a bit cold. The material is super soft I absolutely love it, so comfy. It is very baggy in the smallest size, unisex sizing I always find to be too big however I find big can work really well for me, tucked in a skirt or left out over jeans as I don't like my legs so I am always looking for a baggy top for jeans. The Become Antique packaging is lovely, comes in brown paper with their monkey emblem on the front. Personally I think brown paper is the best thing for wrapping so that was a bonus.



Went to see Jason Manford last night he was hilarious, Cat wanted a photo with him so we waited around afterwards.

After Jason Manford I came home to find two of my flatmates, Amy and Ellen, had been up to hi-jinks and enlisted the help of our friends Phil, Andrew and Alex and to my amusement they filled my room with balloons.

I was also left a lovely note on one of the balloons unfortunately it popped, note to self do not leave bedroom door unlocked. I was rather impressed by their dedication to the cause as they even bought a balloon pump.
Reads " Hi Robyn, hope you enjoyed the many balloons within your room and also this drawing love Phil X.
Drawing of a smiley face which captioned "hi, I'm Robyn and I'm smiling at you, sometimes always.

No comments:

Post a Comment