Monday 21 November 2011

Jesse J, moi ?

It would appear I was ahead of my time and I'm now bang on trend. That is of course with my dip-dye hair! Please excuse me a minute whilst I bask in sunlight of being a trend setter. Only joking but it has amused me.
Jesse J
I'm not quite sure when I first dip dyed my hair. I definitely had it done before Rockness this year as I remember fair few drunk festival goers telling me how awesome it was.

I have a confession to make I like dip dying my hair is not cause it's "on trend" or I'm trying to stand out, the main reason is that it is very low maintenance, you don't have to worry about roots. Its a messy hippy look so I can leave it as long as I want before it gets coloured again as it looks fine whether its bright or washed out. I don't think it would look good faded on Jesse J's black hair but on my blonde hair I can pull it off with the only drawback being one family member who calls me a tree hugger (all in good fun).

I often get asked which salon I go to get it done, it's actually a home job and it is super easy to do yourself although a tad messy. You can easily change your hair by changing the colour and rainbow colours tend to only come in semi permanents so you are not stuck with anything too long. The brand I use is Crazy Colour as it is easily found at salon services but I have heard really good things about Manic Panic. Mine started out red and has changed to pink, to orange, back to pink and last night ive blended purple into the pink. Although please be aware even a semi will not wash out a hundred percent.



Love having the two colours showing.
However dubious to what works will think, oops.
It might seem a bit daunting but if you want to give it a try my opinion is just go for it. Its just the ends, very easy to chop them off without loosing too much length. 
Inspiration to give you more ideas for dip dying, these photos are taken from tumblr.





No comments:

Post a Comment